home about us services download faq site map
Investments in Hong Kong
Hong Kong Business Registration
Hong Kong Taxation
Laws and Regulations
Scope of Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Incorporate Your Company in Hong Kong
A Hong Kong private company (limited liaility company) requires one shareholder, one director, a Hong Kong addresss and a Company Secretary. In addition, there is no restriction on the amount of share capital.
The incoproration of a Hong Kong Limited Liability Company is a three step procedure. Step 1: apply for Certificate of Incorporation; setp 2: appointments of officers; setp 3: apply for Business Registration Certificate.
A company is required to notify the Companies Registry on the changes of its particulars, maintain proper books of accounts, file Annual Return, file Tax Returns etc to Maintain itself in Good Standing.
Due to its Territories Tax System, a company will not be subject to Hong Kong Profits Taxes if it derives all its income from business activities performed outside Hong Kong.

Frequently Asked Questions on Incorporation and Maintenance of a Company and Operating a Business in Hong Kong

Incorporation of Private Company Limited by Shares in Hong Kong
  Q1. What are the advantages of using limited companies to engage in commercial activities in Hong Kong?
Q2. What are the conditions of establishing a limited company?
Q3. What can I do if I want to start business quickly?
Q4. General information about taxation in Hong Kong
Q5. How to incorporate a limited company in Hong Kong to engage in commercial activities?
Q6. How could an oversea company establish a branch office in Hong Kong?
Registration of an Overseas Company and Reporting Changes
  Q1. When is an oversea company required to register in Hong Kong, what are the requisite documents to be delivered for registration and what fees should be paid?
Q2. How should copies of the documents submitted under section 333 be certified?
Q3. How should the translation of documents submitted under section 333 be certified?
Q4. Who can act as the authorized representative of an oversea company?
Q5. How can I report the change of director or secretary of an oversea company?
Q6. How can I report the change in the principal place of business in Hong Kong, registered office or principal place of business in the place of incorporation of an oversea company?
Q7. How can I report the change of the Hong Kong authorized representative of an oversea company?
Q8. How can I report the change of name of an oversea company?
Q9. What is the statutory time limit for filing an annual return and the accounts of an oversea company? What are the filing fees?
Q10. What are the criteria and procedures for applying for exemption from filing the annual return and accounts of an oversea company?
Q11. What document should be delivered for registration to report the cessation of place of business in Hong Kong of an oversea company? What is the filing fee?
Taxation for Companies Incorporated Outside Hong Kong
  Q1. Is an offshore company, i.e. one incorporated outside Hong Kong, liable to pay Hong Kong profits tax?
Q2. Under what circumstances is an offshore company liable to profits tax?
Q3. How does the IRD decide whether a company is carrying on a business in Hong Kong?
Q5. What are the reporting requirements for an offshore company carrying on a business in Hong Kong?
Q6. Is it necessary for an offshore company to submit audited accounts when it files its profits tax return?
Q7. My company has made some royalty payments to an offshore company which as far as I know does not carry on any business in Hong Kong. Is the royalty income of the offshore company chargeable to profits tax?
Q8. Are there any tax rules that are specifically relevant to offshore companies?
Q9. How can an offshore company be more certain about whether its activities will give rise to profits tax liability?
Application for Non-Objection Notice from Inland Revenue Department for the purpose of deregistration of a Hong Kong Company
  Q1. Why a Notice of No Objection (NNO) is required?
Q2. Who can make the request for a NNO?
Q3. What documents should be submitted when making the application?
Q4. When shall I expect to receive the result of the application?
Q5. What are the conditions to be considered for the issue of a NNO?
Q6. If a defunct company applies for deregistration, can it submit unaudited accounts to supports its Profits Tax Return?
Q7. If a defunct company applies for deregistration, does it need to keep accounting records? If yes, how long does it keep?
Company Deregistration, Striking Off and Winding Up
  Q1. What are the requirements for making an application for deregistration?
Q2. Why can't a company limited by guarantee apply for deregistration?
Q3. Can I submit an application for deregistration by fax?
Q4. I have applied for the deregistration of my company. Do I need to file all outstanding Annual Returns before submitting the application for deregistration?
Q5. After I have submitted the application for deregistration, how can I cancel the Business Registration?
Q6. I have applied for the deregistration of my company. Do I need to pay business registration fee if I have already received the business registration demand note?
Q7. My company has applied for deregistration and I have changed my address. Should I report the change of address to the Companies Registry, and how?
Q8. I have applied for the deregistration of my company. How can I know when the Gazette Notice has been published?
Q9. Where can I find the gazette notice?
Q10. My company has already been deregistered but there is money in the company's bank account, how can I get the money back?
Q11. How can I reinstate a deregistered company?
Q12. How long will it take to reinstate a deregistered company?
Q13. My company has been deregistered and the company name has been used by another company, can I reinstate the company?
Q14. How can I ascertain whether any striking off action or winding up proceeding has been taken against a company?
Q15. What are the differences between deregistration, striking off and winding up?
Q16. I found that a company which still owed me money had been deregistered/struck off and dissolved. What can I do?
Q17. How can I restore a dissolved company which has been struck off under section 290A of the Companies Ordinance?
Q18. How can I restore a company which has been struck off under section 291 of the Companies Ordinance?
Hong Kong Head Office              Room 803, Futura Plaza, 111 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
                                                 TEL +852 2341 1444      FAX +852 2341 1414      E-mail info@bycpa.com

Shenzhen Office   TEL +86 (0755) 82684480 82684483 82684484 FAX +86 (0755) 82684481
Shanghai Office   TEL +86 (021) 64394114 64399276 FAX +86 (021) 64394414
Beijing Office   TEL +86 (010) 68748420 68748422    FAX +86 (010) 68748421