HomeAbout UsServicesDownloadFAQsContact UsBBS

    Quick Acess

Offshore Company
Current position : Home >> Offshore Company
Working in Vietnam Legally

Working in Vietnam Legally

Foreigners working in Vietnam shall apply for work permits or work permit exemption in accordance with the law, otherwise they will be subject to penalties imposed by the relevant government authorities of Vietnam.

  1. Work Permit

    Foreigners working for business entities and organizations in Vietnam shall apply for a work permit either under the classification of expert, management/executive or technician, except for the specific circumstances stipulated by the law.

    The business entities and organizations which recruit foreigners shall submit an application to the competent authority for approval and explain their need to recruit a foreigner for each job position before applying for a work permit for at least 30 days before the expected date when the foreigner commences work in Vietnam.

    After obtaining approval on the recruitment of foreigner, the employer can apply for a work permit for a foreigner at least 15 days before the expected date when the foreigner commences work in Vietnam.

    An initial work permit is valid for a maximum period of 2 years. It can be extended once for another 2 years prior to expiration. A new work permit shall be applied in case the employer still intends to employ the foreign employee when the extended work permit is expired.

    A foreigner may be eligible for work permit exemption under the following circumstances:

    • Being an owner or capital contributor of a limited liability company with a capital contribution value of at least VND3 billion.
    • Entering Vietnam to work as an expert, manger, chief executive officer or technician for a period up to 30 days and no more than 3 times in a year.
    • Entering Vietnam for a period less than 3 months to offer services.
    • Married to a Vietnamese citizen and wishing to reside in Vietnam.

  2. Residence Card

    Foreigners with a valid work permit are able to apply for temporary residence cards to live in Vietnam with the immigration division of the department of public security of Vietnam. The duration of each temporary residence card will follow the validity of the work permit, i.e., maximum 2 years. A foreigner with a temporary residence card will be exempted from applying for a visa when entering and leaving Vietnam during the period of validity of the temporary residence card.

KAIZEN Group is equipped with experienced and highly qualified professional consultants and is therefore well positioned to provide professional advices and services in respect of the formation and registration of company, application for various business licences and permits, company compliance, tax planning, audit and accounting in China. Please call and talk to our professional consultants for details.

Previous two similar articles:

 Offshore Company